Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

What is your opinion on School Uniforms?

     I think that school uniforms are gay.  School uniforms violate a student's right to freedom of expression.  I think public schools are not the place for uniforms.  Our clothing is the way that we kids express ourselves and some people wear religious clothing like burkas and may find it offensive if they cant wear it. Another thing is that low income families may not be able to afford uniforms for their child.
      If the school wants kids to dress in uniforms then the school should buy the uniforms and give it
to the kids for free. You want it then you pay for it!  Everyone should be able to express their own creativity. It's should be free choice. Every morning I look for my school uniform underneath all of my nice looking clothes. We look the same everyday. But I do agree if we were to have free choice then, yes, we should dress appropriately. But it's most likely we would.
     In conclusion, I don't think we should have school uniforms because they don't show individuality and they are boring. Kids don't want to all look the same.  They are also very pricey and if you have more than one kid it can add up to 1000 dollars with other clothes for the weekend and other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment