Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Do You Spend Too Much Time on Smart Phones (or on the School Computer) Playing ‘Stupid Games’?

     Some games that I think have taken up my time would be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Madden NFL 12, and NBA 2k12.  I know for sure that Modern Warfare has had a "scary power" over me, like when it first came out.  When the game first came out I waited 3 hours outside in the cold to buy it for the midnight release.  When I got it I played it for over 24 hours straight.  I tend to play these games the most during the weekends and at night.  I can speak for me and for most people, sometimes when you play these games they allow you to escape from whatever problems you're currently having and they allow you to relieve some stress.  They can sometimes improve your reaction times, and your mental capability.  Other than that, they cam just be a good way to help sustain your sanity.   I agree/disagree with Jane McGonial because games can be an escape from reality it just depends on the person.  I honestly don't believe I will never stop playing video games because it's been such a vital part of my life, it would be like getting rid of my dog.  I'm going to be 50 years old still playing video games, it keeps me sane.  If I do in fact stop playing video games down the road, I would probably pick up a new hobby because that's all playing video games is a hobby, and whether it's nitting to collecting dolls everybody needs a hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment